Sunday, November 30, 2008

Woo Hoo!

Today is not only Sunday, November 30th. Today is also the final day of the torture known as NaBloPoMo. I am proud to have successfully posted every day this month without needing to back post or pre-post in order to reach my quota of 30 posts in 30 days. Heck, one day I posted twice, which means that I actually posted 31 times in 30 days and typed a total of 12,786 words. Wow, I’m tired.

You Devoted Readers who visit and read every day probably noticed that while “the quality of mercy is not strained” my posts during the last two weeks were. My bout of Blog Fatigue™ isn’t something I’m proud of but it is the reason that bloggers don’t post every day. Non-bloggers out there may recognize it as the reason God created weekends. Simply put, everyone needs a day off.

As I mentioned in my first post this month, in three years of blogging, I have never posted every day for an entire month. The reason for this is despite having lots to blog about thanks to my wonderful Devoted Readers, I find myself struggling to fill this space with something meaningful. I don’t want to simply post for the sake of posting, despite what some of my previous entries may indicate. Heck, I’ve even deleted some previously written (but unpublished) posts because, in retrospect, I didn’t think they were good enough.

But I don’t want to be known as a quitter, so I kept writing. I may not have written 31 Blogitzer Award winning posts but I’m fairly proud of at least a few of this month’s posts. That said, I plan to enjoy what will likely be a fairly quiet month in December. Of course, the silence next month won’t simply be my recovering from NaBloPoMo – I will be traveling, which means two new pins for the map. (Stay tuned in the coming weeks for details on these new wandering adventures.)

So here’s to making it all the way to the end! Congrats to my fellow NaBloPo’ers! We did it! Thank you also to my wonderful part-time editor, Hubby, and especially to all of my wonderful Devoted Readers and commenters. I couldn’t have done it without you!

20 comments:

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

Well done! Good job! I, for one, have certainly enjoyed your blogging over this past month. Can't wait to hear more about your trips.

lizzy-loo said...

i am impressed. it is hard to keep up the momentum and keep it interesting. well done.

G in Berlin said...

I am also very grateful to reach the end of this time, although I wound up posting 56 (will be 57) times, I had an easy subject. With the election at the beginning of the month and then the aftermath (and afterglow, etc), I found it easy to post things that I found of interest and wanted to share.
I do think that I learned more about the bloggers that I read trough the daily requirement, and perhaps the folks who read me learned more about me through the pressure. Since you were a "new find" for me (through Lynda), it was great to see so much of you this month and feel like I am getting to know you.
Although I never ran out of things to say (there are still all those posts I owe myself- this blog is sort of an open diary for me), I must say that I have lost a desire to continue to push my typing skills (or lack thereof) on a daily basis and I am looking forward to a "What I haven't been blogging about" post or two.

Hmm, now I have written this out, I think I'll post this on my blog!

Hi! I'm Janola. said...

Hey! congratulations. i am also impressed with your blogging tenacity and found all your posts this month interesting reading.:-)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That was awesome writing for 30 days even if you don't think so. Sometimes writing about nothing is like English homework!
merthyrmum

Oh2122 said...

W00t!

I love NaBloPoMo! I did it When I first started blogging. I want to try it again, I just need a holiday-free month...

Anonymous said...

Hi Girlie,
I enjoyed getting to read you every day. Even though you have been gone from Delhi 2.5 years I still miss you and your awesome wittyness!! So reading you every day was GREAT!! Have a great holiday month!!
XOXO
M

Nicole said...

Congratulations :)!

psychoknitter said...

Congrats! I bet you write something tomorrow though! hehehe :)

LadyFi said...

Congrats! Guess you'll enjoy some time off - although, I for one, love reading you every day!

Betty said...

Congrats on your new badge and making it through the 30 days!
Where will you be traveling to?

Brenda said...

Don't stop! I like reading your posts and look forward to them!

Connie said...

Congrats! Good job - and I've enjoyed the reading. This is a great accomplishment - esp. as the net has been running so poorly (for us at any rate) the past week I could hardly stand to read email, much less blog much. Keep on writing!!!

My Choice said...

You go girl! Congrats!

in regards to the skirt for my christmas party... I am not sure that would be formal enough? You think it would be OK?

mythopolis said...

Congrats! And thanks for recent comments...I like travel blogs, so I will stay tuned. My son's girlfriend is currently living in Nha Trang and blogs her experiences, check her out sometime at anopenchannel.blogspot.com I am letting her know to check in on yours as well. d.

mythopolis said...

Oops, I was actually writing Nicole but wound up here on your site from a link on hers. Haha..Oh well, it's nice to be here and I will be back soon! :D

illahee said...

congratulations!!

Bluefish said...

Congratulations!

Linsey said...

Nicely done indeed.