Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Not My Idol

The other day, I told you about my dirty MTV secret loves: My Super Sweet Sixteen and Busta Move. In keeping with the television theme, I thought that today I’d share my views on American Idol. I should point out that we are about a month behind you guys back in the States – today we’re watching the last four rejects get voted off which will leave us with the top 12. That said, I try to keep up with what’s going down in the Real World via the Internet and CNN.

Now that we’re all current, I need to share something important - Sanjaya Malakar sucks! I realize that the Paula in me wants to find a nice way to tell this child that he has little to no talent but I just can’t being myself to break the news gently. This tone-deaf kid is being out sung week after week and yet he’s never in the bottom three.

On the plus side, Blake Lewis is both cute and talented. This evening in Kenya, I had the pleasure of hearing him sing a little 311, and was very impressed. Now, I’m no Simon, but this guy seems to have a gift… and it doesn’t hurt that he’s easy on the eyes. (Just don’t tell Hubby I said so!)

What did any of that mean? Allow me to break it down for you, dawgs: stop voting for Sanjaya, America! I am *this* close to flying home to beat on whichever idiots out there are actually calling in for him. Stop it! He has no talent and it is actually painful to hear him sing. Stop voting for the talentless hack!

America, pretend its November and that the outcome of the vote will determine the next President of the United States… In other words, do what Americans all seem to do so well: don’t vote! (Unless it’s for Blake the Cutie; then it’s OK.)

PS I realize that today's blog is not up to my usual standards but I sincerely felt that my anti-Sanjaya sentiments had to shared with the world. I promise to return to, if not high thinking, then at least better writing, by tomorrow or thereabouts.

No comments: