Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Denial and De Nile

Bless me Readers for I have sinned. It has been almost a month since my last post and these are my excuses…

Ok, so my plan to blog at least once a week has gone up in plumes of smoke like most of you predicted. Buy hey, I did blog from Indonesia and I totally *thought* about blogging while I was at home in Toronto and later in the Midwest. It was simply that my busy schedule of shopping, drinking, and playing with the triplets interfered with my ability to commune with my laptop. Mea culpa.

For those of you who don’t keep up with my Facebook updates, I have arrived in Egypt and can now call my flat in Cairo home. There was even “food” (aka frozen, breaded chicken and feta cheese) and water in the fridge to greet us when we arrived. Even better than that, our friends Black Beard and Adelpha arrived just moments after that with beer and chips!

Before I start telling you about our incredibly amusing first day in Cairo, I had better catch you up on how we spent our three weeks of Real World™ freedom. Chances are, however, that these stories will be interrupted briefly due to our upcoming one-week trip to South Africa, which begins on Friday. Hubby is going to be the keynote speaker at a geek-fest conference and talk about things I don’t understand. Yay!

So stay tuned for lots of fun stories about how I single handedly renovated my parent’s basement; my many hours spent shopping, drinking, and hanging out with friends; and the new triplets which precipitated even more drinking!

No comments: