Friday, December 03, 2010

Filling in the Blanks

A few weeks ago, one of my friends called me Carmen and asked “where in the world” I was that day. I laughed aloud when I typed my response and explained I was still in Sydney, Australia. Although I may no longer live the life of an Expat Princess, I still haven’t given up my wandering ways and if I had my druthers I never would. Reality, however, is a horrible affliction that has invaded my life and bank account like succubus on the prowl.

I have put off that dreaded fun-sucking demon for at least another few months for the sake of my Devoted Readers. Over the past five years, I have written about and lived on five continents and that seems a little lazy to me. What kind of blogging tour guide would I be if I couldn’t tell you about life in South America? So for the sake of the blog, that’s where I’m headed next.

Argentina and Brazil are my first stops followed by a super special Christmas pit stop that I’m keeping secret as a surprise. So please continue to watch this space and forgive the occasional silences as I look for Internet caf├ęs while I’m on the road.

I’m still not sure where all this traveling is leading me. Nor do I know when I’m going to give in to the necessities of adulthood, head home to grow up, and get a job. For now, I’m enjoying living out of my suitcase and through this blog. I am literally living my dream and don’t plan to wake up any time soon.

South America better prepare itself because Hurricane Typo is on her way.


Danette said...

You are growing in a way some of us have only dreamed of and "growing up" is boring! Thank you for sharing :)

Anonymous said...

And where are you today? :)
Have fun in South America. I have been to Argentina and Chile but would love to visit some of the other countries too. Looking forward to hearing the rest of your tales.

Corinne said...

I hope you area writing all this stuff down for your book, because I have a feeling growing up and running away after having already lived on a bajillion continents would leave people saying, "Eat, Pray, What??"

I would also like a personalized, autographed copy.

Caution Flag said...

I always think of Hemingway when I ready your posts, but don't suppose that's the best comparison I could make for you!!

Looking very much forward to the next post.

sprinkles said...

I wish I could travel around like you do. Sadly, my bank account is empty so I wouldn't get very far.

Looking forward to reading about your next adventure.

EarthGipsy said...

Grow up! ... whatever for?

American in Norway said...

Oh girl... I am so envious!

Louise | Italy said...

Hey! I just realised I missed you!! Where in heaven's name ARE you??