Friday, September 26, 2008

Something to Strive For

I spoke with my soon-to-be Arabic tutor yesterday morning and we agreed that my classes would begin in about two weeks. We also somehow agreed that I would show up for my first class at 7:30 a.m. Sunday morning. If I didn’t know better, I would think that I was either a) being Punk’d, or b) extremely intoxicated when I agreed to such an insanely early class. The last time I had to be coherent and socially acceptable at that hour of the morning, I was being paid a not overly insulting amount of money.

I am hoping that my tutor, whose name I didn’t actually catch because I was still in shock at agreeing to be ready to learn at 7 freaking 30 in the morning, will be willing to renegotiate our schedule. Let’s be honest, I’m not going to be up to learning anything at that hour of the morning. Heck, I’m barely up to being civil to my husband at that hour of the morning!

So how long do you think it will take until I can read a Harry Potter book in Arabic? What can i say, I'm the queen of unattainable goals!

1 comment:

Greetekees said...

Are you going to start speaking Arabic or also how to read and write? Think that 7.30 might be a bit early...?! Why this hour?