Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Chew on This

Hubby arrived home late Saturday night with a bag filled with gifts including the new Jamie Oliver cookbook, “Jamie’s Ministry of Food.” He didn’t bring me a purple iPod but he did go to Wal-Mart and buy me lots of Crystal Light. Long story short, I have a great husband and he has a wonderful wife who can be bought off for the price of a couple of books and a box cereal. Which only makes the fact that I need to spend a lot of money even more difficult.

Don’t worry, I’m not planning to take a cruise around the world (although I’d love to), nor am I busy spending his money on designer clothes. Many of you have heard me complain about this before so I apologize for boring you, but I need to go to the dentist. Except that I hate dentists and think that they’re all evil. I realize that I posted about this just a few months ago, but let’s be honest; we all know that I didn’t go to the dentist at that point because I’m a giant wimp. A giant, cheap wimp. Heck, even my driver, Rock, knew the reason I didn’t go was my fear of all things dental.

In order for me to go to the dentist I need that dentist to have the means to knock me unconscious – or at least have laughing gas. Novocain doesn’t work on me and the thought of being awake while someone puts a six-foot needle into my gums makes me want to scream in terror. Even the distinctive whirring sound of a dental drill makes me cringe. I am a big scare-dy cat baby and I have no defense other than that my childhood dentist was in league with Satan and had no soul.

So if any of my local readers know the name and number of a good dentist with the means to put me to sleep during what will be a lot of invasive dental work, please tell me. Because I’m almost at the point where I’m going to give in. Almost.
Happiness is your dentist telling you it won't hurt and then
having him catch his hand in the drill.
~Johnny Carson

4 comments:

Lynda said...

I will send you a phone number - very good dentist!
poor you... yukko

Anonymous said...

I know a good one in Delhi...Can you say road (ok Plane) trip!!

Gutsy Living said...

If it makes you feel any better, just think of all the women in the U.S. who have "fillers" put in their lips to plump them up. They get those long needles in their cheeks every 4-6 months to numb the pain, just like the dental block. Think of all the movie stars that do it.

Anonymous said...

GO TO THE DENTIST...I told you that you should have done it months ago.
Are you OK??
merthyrmum