Friday, December 03, 2010

Filling in the Blanks

A few weeks ago, one of my friends called me Carmen and asked “where in the world” I was that day. I laughed aloud when I typed my response and explained I was still in Sydney, Australia. Although I may no longer live the life of an Expat Princess, I still haven’t given up my wandering ways and if I had my druthers I never would. Reality, however, is a horrible affliction that has invaded my life and bank account like succubus on the prowl.

I have put off that dreaded fun-sucking demon for at least another few months for the sake of my Devoted Readers. Over the past five years, I have written about and lived on five continents and that seems a little lazy to me. What kind of blogging tour guide would I be if I couldn’t tell you about life in South America? So for the sake of the blog, that’s where I’m headed next.

Argentina and Brazil are my first stops followed by a super special Christmas pit stop that I’m keeping secret as a surprise. So please continue to watch this space and forgive the occasional silences as I look for Internet cafés while I’m on the road.

I’m still not sure where all this traveling is leading me. Nor do I know when I’m going to give in to the necessities of adulthood, head home to grow up, and get a job. For now, I’m enjoying living out of my suitcase and through this blog. I am literally living my dream and don’t plan to wake up any time soon.

South America better prepare itself because Hurricane Typo is on her way.

8 comments:

Danette said...

You are growing in a way some of us have only dreamed of and "growing up" is boring! Thank you for sharing :)

Anonymous said...

And where are you today? :)
Have fun in South America. I have been to Argentina and Chile but would love to visit some of the other countries too. Looking forward to hearing the rest of your tales.
merthyrmum

Corinne said...

I hope you area writing all this stuff down for your book, because I have a feeling growing up and running away after having already lived on a bajillion continents would leave people saying, "Eat, Pray, What??"

I would also like a personalized, autographed copy.

Caution/Lisa said...

I always think of Hemingway when I ready your posts, but don't suppose that's the best comparison I could make for you!!

Looking very much forward to the next post.

sprinkles said...

I wish I could travel around like you do. Sadly, my bank account is empty so I wouldn't get very far.

Looking forward to reading about your next adventure.

LivingOceania said...

Grow up! ... whatever for?

Unknown said...

Oh girl... I am so envious!

Louise | Italy said...

Hey! I just realised I missed you!! Where in heaven's name ARE you??